Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Take a walk with me around BK 3

A few weeks ago I decided to take a walk around BK 3.

To my surprise, It is a very small housing area. I guess when we drive around so often and so fast we seldom slow down and really take a close look at our own backyard. But trust me, it is a very small area.

I took a look at the green lung area from the pedestrian bridge that runs across Bukit Jalil highway.

Looking towards KL direction they were beautiful. Matured and fully grown, the trees almost completely covered the view of front row houses. A lot of effort must have gone into keep them that way. I just can't believe all this will be gone, replaced by LRT tracks. This is all so sad.


I turned my head and looked towards Bandar Sunway direction. The new LRT station no. 5 will be there, right at the end of the green lung area. I try very hard to imagine how a station will look like over there. Honestly what came to my mind wasn't pretty.


Continued with my walk, I turned into some of the narrower roads like Jalan BK 3/7, in front of Kasturi apartment. Oh, what a nightmare. Car jam packed parking at both sides of the road anytime of the day . At any one time, the two way street can allow only one car to pass. Someone told me there were often arguments between drivers refusing to give way.

Unfortunately, this is also one of the major roads in BK 3. In my mind I can't help but think, with the new station no. 5 around, will parking problem get even worse?



Then I saw the little blue peg right next to the road that probably marks the boundary or set backs for LRT tracks, and reality hits. The sign that the LRT tracks is going to be here can not be denied. Is this how close it will be to the residents?



No comments:

Post a Comment